Tuesday, March 6, 2007

we haven't had dat spirit here since, nine-teen-sixty-niiiine

afternoon has got to be the best time for a mocha fix. mmmmm especially a caramel mocha.
my love affair with coffee has grown into a sultry romance novel-esque obsession. hello, caffinaholics anonymus. my name is gina and i have a delicious problem!

as i look at my place setting at this very moment i smile. the sun is shining through the slider doors in my kitchen as i type type type away on my angel of a white laptop, blessing of a mocha to my left (implied) my little cujos laying down as if they didn't sink their little jaws of death into my knee cap only 2 hours before. gilmore girls is humming on the television even though i am in no way paying any sort of attention to it other than background noise. it's a sight from book, really.

it's times like these when i miss california. it pains me that i cannot and do not live on venice beach in this same prediciment. coffee, computer, canines, calm. well to be honest the only thing missing in my reality of afternoon harmony is warmth. and palm trees. i love new york, really i do, but december is the only month i will willingly accept frigid air and snow (unless it's getting me out of school) without throwing a silent hissy fit.

alas my mocha comes to a heart wrenching end. the feeling of which signals it's time for homework. peace bros

No comments: